This is the archive of my essay posts. The archvie of all links posts is here.
- We don’t want to build? Maybe we should build anyway
- New COVID relief bill aims to create anonymous, bearer, censorship-resistant digital dollar
- No, the United States won’t break up because of the pandemic
- Is a crypto de minimis exemption preferential treatment?
- Both the U.S. and its adversaries are wrong to focus on “national digital currencies”
- Why is DoJ bringing up device encryption again?
- Law enforcement access to encrypted devices is possible, but it’s a terrible idea
- Digital dollar advocates have a steep hill to climb to convince the Fed—and everyone else
- Crypto needs a de minimis exemption for buying coffee, sure, but maybe more importantly for transaction fees
- How the DOJ’s call for Apple to unlock the Pensacola shooter’s iPhone is different from the San Bernardino case
- China’s digital yuan is not a threat to the dollar
- TIL: Instant run-off Trump and the origins of global AML
- How to tell if a (crypto) bill is important
- More trends relevant to crypto
- An exercise in crypto trend-spotting
- Blogging is the new blogging
- Crypto’s return to cypherpunk
- Why do Google employees give to Warren and Sanders?
- Thinking out loud